Today was about a 44 mile ride from nags head to swan quarter. It was sunny and almost entirely flat with a strong head wind. I road with steve and katie for most of the day! They are some fellow rides from PA. They are a big time nerdy couple that met at UPENN! Katie has done the Boston Marathon ...TWICE. Our average speed was around 14mph
The highlights of the day were seeing a double rainbow in the sky around noon, a family of geese with some new baby fuzz ballz walking about. 3 mysterious deer skulls that we found in the woods during a break. And watching some local tball!
The lowlights were all the turtle pancakes along the highway :(
There were at least 15, I guess not even 20,000 years of natural self defense evolution can prepare them for 2 ton 18wheel semi trucks.
I did my part and made sure this guy (Tommy the Turtle) made it across the street safe n sound in his home made affordable house!
hooray turtles

No comments:
Post a Comment