Wednesday, May 18, 2011

90 miles!

Destination wake forest nc. We woke up at 5  today to get things going early since we had a 83mile ride planned, somehow this turned into a 90miler since me and oliver got a little lost due to overwhelming ammount of directions on our cue sheet! We were like the last people to arrive, we left around 730 and got to the cruch around 1730. A solid 10hours of riding!

We did get 2lunches thou, one at 10am haha, and I stopped for a milkshake which wound up being not such a good idea later on. The last 4 miles of the ride I was really stuggling pretty bad. Due In large part to the ammount of ice cream in my system I presume.

And my butt and lower back were pretty much numb which was an unpleasent exprience to say the least.

Lucky I didnt fall over like 5or6 people did! We had sevrall van riders by the end of the day.

We encountered our first hill on the ride and they are just a small preview of whats to come on the other end.of this state in the appalachian mountians!

Its going to.be good to have some time to settle down and not.bike for a few days.in Chaple Hill,.where we are headed tmrw.

Im excited.to.get into town for a number of reasons! One because there are about 8people on the trip that go to college there, but mostly because.we.are going to.have two.build days there!

Finally going to be getting down to business and hammering some nails into some boards! Cant wait to actually get started on.what I signed up for this trip in the first place for! Horay Habitat for Himanity! Hooray Hammers!

Fun fact, Wake Forest University is not located in Wake Forest Nc. Sorry for the sloppyness of this post but its late and I did ride 90miles today so therefore I am excusssssed



1 comment:

  1. Is that supposed to be your cue sheets on the bottom? I assume so.

    ALSO, when you said that you've been doing it everyday so far I was pretty impressed and kinda understood how you could begin to start feeling like that was too much. BUT since I've seen that EVERYDAY means only the past THREE (3) days I am significantly less impressed :P

    WRITE EVERYDAY! Even just pictures is great :) You can give them captions.

    Love and be safe! Continue your no falling streak!!!!!!!!!!
    Hope :)

    ReplyDelete